Ah my first real tag! Super excited to join in today’s prompt, so without further ado and in no particular order:
- My friends, trusted reviewers, or fav booktubers are raving about it. That bandwagon is no joke.
- I found it at my local Goodwill and most of my friends on Goodreads have rated it three stars or higher.
- It’s an upcoming release by one of my auto buy authors.
- It features a Latinx main character. (I’m looking at you Miss Elizabeth Acevedo 😉 )
- It’s #ownvoices or own voices reviewers are applauding the representation.
- There’s an anti hero or overall twisted characters.
- It’s a contemporary with a magical twist, or fantasy with a contemporary plot. I’m not here trying to keep you in a box.
- Music is at the forefront.
- Feminist without the author explicitly describing someone as such. I want some show rather than tell.
- A soft boy for a love interest, because every now and then ya Grinch needs a little Whoville in her heart.
That was both fun and nerve-wracking haha. I feel like I’m missing something, but for now the list will do. I’d love to hear some of the things that make you pick up a book, or if you’ve done the list yourself!